Jun 9, 2015

You are Enough - Journey to Improve Your Self Esteem

,
HEY THERE!!! (As I dust off the cobwebs from this blog, lol).  Gosh, it truly has been forever and a day. What have y'all been up to??!!  I've seriously been everywhere it feels, both physically and mentally, lol.

selfesteem and self confidenceOne of the reasons I'm back at it now is that I've been working on expanding my network for a number of reasons, and I'm actually seeing the results. I've also been telling people I'm a blogger, so figured, perhaps I should put my money where my mouth is and actually BLOG, lol. 

I've learned some valuable lessons while I was away, soul-searching etc, and a big one that I want to share with you today, is to not sell yourself short. I believe us as women do that a lot, we undermine ourselves A LOT. Why?? 

As I've been sharing with people what I do, some people have actually been impressed, and I have this strange look on my face, thinking huh? "Have you seen so-and-so's blog, so-and-so's website, twitter/Instagram followers", and so on and so forth. It wasn't until recently that it sunk in that I'm not, for lack of a better word, useless, lol. And guess what, the same applies to you!!

I know a lot of us are perfectionists and hardly anything is ever good enough. It's not bad wanting to hone ones craft, however if the pursuit of perfection is holding you back, rather than pushing you forward, we have a problem

So how exactly do we appreciate ourselves, pat ourselves on the back, and begin to practise self-love and self-worth? I'm not a psychiatrist/therapist, I can only speak on what I've done, and am doing, and that is to take it day by day and celebrate the little victories. 

So you didn't write a novel, but hey, you wrote a chapter, or even a page. You didn't go to bed with the house in immaculate condition, but guess what, half the dishes got done, and little Charlie didn't go to bed hungry, lol. Like seriously, it's NOT that serious. We need to hear this from time to time, that it's OK, everything is going to be OK. 

Maintain your goals, keep reaching for success, and do the best you can. Tomorrow's a brand new day. Hit the reset button if need be, and go at it again. 

The only way to fail is to give up.

I hope this gives someone out there the encouragement to keep going and keep trying. Greatness is within you, it's your birth right as the daughter of King ;)

Love & Bless Y'all!!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “You are Enough - Journey to Improve Your Self Esteem”

Post a Comment