Jan 7, 2014

New Year - New Commitment

,
Hey guys! So the new year is in full swing and this week brought with it some real frigid temperatures. I'm not one for snow and cold weather, which kind of has me wondering why I live in Canada, lol. Cold or not, can't put my life on hold, the show must go on :)

Wanted to share with you guys real quick that the word I've been hearing over the past couple of days is how I need to be more immersed in the word of God. Reading God's word, diligently, has been a challenge for me in the past. I can listen to sermons all day, but once I pick up the bible to read it for myself I've found it to be a struggle at times. All of a sudden I'm sleepy, hungry, you name, distractions all over the place. 

Credit: Pinterest.com
So this year I'm committing to read His word everyday. I know there's something that God wants me to get a hold of and I don't want to miss it, so tired or not, I'm reading away. To help me I found a bible app with a 1 year reading plan which I've started and set a daily reminder on my phone for. 

I realize that I can only speak on what my heart is full of. "For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of" (Luk 6:45) and speaking the word of God is what will make all the difference in my life, in anyone's life for that matter. 

I'm sharing this incase anyone else might have felt that nudge to read the bible more but were waiting for a "confirmation". Let this be it and put it into action. There are many different reading plans available for free, and it doesn't have to involve reading the entire bible in a year. Even if it's just a couple of verses a day, following a plan that tells you what to read I believe will increase your odds of doing it and getting the most out of it. 

So why read the bible?
I could probably name a number of reasons, however Marshill.com states it nice and concrete:

  1. Instruction
  2. Endurance
  3. Encouragement
  4. Hope
Feel free to follow the link for further elaboration on each point. Regardless if you jump on a bible reading plan or not, I pray that you have something to guide you through this year. Do whatever you feel necessary to get the most out of YOU, cause it's your year to be great!

Bless & Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

1 comments:

  1. I love this post! I have time sitting down and reading it too. From distractions like you mentioned to understanding what it says at time, I have a difficult time. But I need to put more effort into it. I recently bought a sort of guide to go along with the Bible to help explain it better. I can't wait to put it to use. Can't wait to see your future posts! Going to like your FB page now, and follow on Twitter. I'll leave my blond link below if you want to check it out and follow me as well! :)

    http://www.beautyandbliss67.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete