Jan 18, 2014

Beauty from the Inside Out - A Simple Way to Radiant Skin

,
Hey there! How's everyone doing out there?

This post is part of the 2014 blogger challenge and the topic today is skincare. For most us not living in a nice tropical country or California for than matter, winter is in full swing and our priority is to stay as warm as we can. I know this to be true cause if I don't have to leave my house, I'm not, lol. That's pretty much how I deal with the cold, avoidance at all cost, lol. 

Even still I've noticed, like most others, that my skin is a lot dryer during the winter months. Skincare during the winter takes on a whole new meaning because what's adequate during the rest of the year, doesn't quite cut it in the winter. 


I'm not going to lie and say that I'm any kind of beauty/skin care expert, far from it, and how I combat my dry skin (which happens to be with the use of cocoa butter and castor oil) may not be suitable for all. From my own research I know that Castor oil is good for both hair and skin and is rich in vitamin E, also nicknamed "the skin vitamin". Feel free to Google for further details on the benefits of Castor oil and if it's right for you. (Note: Because it's a very think oil, I use it in combination with cocoa butter for ease of application. Not in my hair though, then I use it with coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil). 

Seeing as I'm not a beauty blogger, I want to also real quick touch on the importance of what's behind the skin. You know how they say "You are what you eat"? Well more than that, outer beauty is only skin deep. Your true beauty comes from within. A pretty mind and a beautiful heart will radiate a glow far more desirable than any skin care regimen ever will

I'm not saying to ignore your outer beauty, not at all. We all want to look and feel our best. However the same emphasis you put on your outer beauty should be put on your inner beauty. Being kind never cost a penny yet we act as though "walking the extra mile" or "turning the other cheek" will cost us everything. However spending $80 on some beauty creme which promises x,y,z is worth every penny. How does that work exactly? Even the bible says that beauty doesn't last, but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. (Prov 31:30). 

I've personally benefited from a "less is more" approach when it comes to my skin, and if I may say so myself, I look pretty darn fantastic ;)

Bless & Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

1 comments:

  1. Castor Oil??? You sure surprised me with that one. Ugh brings back childhood memories of a mom obsessed with castor oil as a remedy for constipation and other stomach ailments. Gross. But i'll be it is a great skin care remedy. So is Olive Oil if you ever try that.

    ReplyDelete